









Dlieja de San Durich - Pfarrkirche von St. Ulrich - Chiesa parrocchiale di Ortisei
Church · Dolomites
Checked
Joseph Abenthung, a master builder out of Tyrol, raised this church between 1792 and 1796, in a Neoclassical manner that still keeps some Baroque in its detail. Two dedications share it: the Epiphany, and Saint Ulrich, the saint who gives the church its German name and its Ladin one, San Durich.
Inside, painted domes cover the nave, the work of the Tyrolean brothers Franz Xaver and Josef Kirchebner. The church follows a Latin cross plan. A central nave is flanked by two lateral chapels. One is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the other to Our Lady of the Rosary.
churchart